Saturday, April 4, 2009

An update on Tyler

As I have mentioned before, Ty has a really good vocabulary for a little one his age. He had his cute sayings for things (i.e. muffins were fumpins). But, here are some of his latest...
  • If Ty is in another room and myself or Tim try to ask him something (which he hears us ask), he will reply "what yer say?" We repeat ourselves and he says "what yer say?" We usually give up at that point!
  • Driving into Salem every day, we take a back road that will take us right into South Salem. There are cows, horses, alpacas, barns, etc. About 2 months ago coming home, the alpacas were not in the field that we usually see them in. Ty states "apparently the alpacas are sleeping." I turn and look at him and asked him what he just said. He repeated himself. Where does this kid get all of this??
  • I'm at a loss with this next one. Ty loves Spongebob Squarepants and can repeat almost every line in EVERY episode. There is an episode were Spongebob is trying to use one of those paddles with the ball attached. He hits it once, then misses & says "darn it". This happens over & over again. It took us a while to teach Ty that that really isn't nice to say - our thinking is that it is too close to a bad word & we don't need the public thinking that he's getting it from us! (see the next bullet...). The other day, Ty was playing with his little people and one kept falling over. I was in the kitchen, but heard "barnacles" "uh" "come on" "oh barnacles". Well, Spongebob has yet another episode were he is trying to do something & it's not working, so he says "barnacles"...I guess it's better than some other things he could be saying.
  • As mentioned earlier, I drive into Salem with the boys every day. Well, I tend to talk to other drivers while I'm driving. Of course, I'm talking to myself about how displeased I am with the other driver's driving skills. I'm always very careful not to cuss around the boys. So in the car - if you ever drive with me - you may hear an occasional, "Come ON!" or "Really?" or "Seriously?" Well, Ty has picked up on that! I was cooking dinner and had raw chicken on my hands. Zach was in his high chair having a snack & chewing on some teething rings. He thought that it was funny to drop them one at a time onto the floor. I couldn't pick them up, so I asked Ty (he was in the living room) to come and help brother out. Ty came running in & set the toys back on the high chair tray then ran off. This happened a couple more times. By the third time, Ty comes running in, sets the rings on the tray and looks at his "bruda" and says "Seriously Zach, I'm trying to watch Spongebob". Yeah, I got busted for that one!

1 comment:

Dannika said...

Oh man Jen, I love it! Aren't boys so funny, they're just the best!