Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bathroom Disaster!










Bet you thought from the title that this one was going to be about potty training!

When Zach was old enough & could sit up by himself, I started giving both of the boys a bath at the same time - to save water, time, etc. Ty absolutely loves the bath & would spend an hour each night in there if we let him. So, I found that if I got both of the boys scrubbed clean, then let Ty play in the tub while I got Zach into PJ's and a bottle ready, then Ty would be about ready to get out. This was a great plan until about a month ago, when Zach decided that he liked to poop in the tub. After that first incident, I decided that it was easier to just give Zach his bath first - by himself, then Ty. This usually entailed scrubbing the tub in between baths! Zach had gone for about a week without pooping in the tub, so I decided to try to give the boys a bath together again...

The typical routine before bath time is to check both diapers for any surprises that need to be taken care of prior to getting into the tub. Well last week, I wasn't feeling very good, but knew that I couldn't smell anything stinky, so took both boys (still in their diapers) to the bathroom. I stood Zach up on the floor - he held onto the edge of the tub & Ty was standing next to him. I had the water running & the tub starting to fill up. Tim was in the living room picking up some toys. I pulled Zach's diaper off and started to lift him into the tub...Ty yells (I was standing right next to him) "oh gross, mommy" he then starts to act like he's going to throw up all over. I look down & realize that Zach's diaper is full! (I'll spare the details!) I yell for Tim to bring some wipes. By this point, I'm laughing so hard that I have to brace myself on the wall next to the tub. Then I realize that Zach has now started to pee - all over me, the bathroom floor - EVERYWHERE!!! By the time Tim made it to the bathroom, it looked like the Nile River!!! I don't think that his diaper would have been able to hold all of that if it wanted to!

It's a good thing that he is so darn cute!



2 comments:

Dannika said...

I agree. It's often the cuteness factor in our house that often 'saves' both the boys from the wrath of mom or dad.

~~Jen said...

and how do you keep from laughing at them, while still needing to follow thru with the punishment??!!!